Saturday, March 12, 2011

Puffs Plus Vicks.

So, I have been sick for the past few days. Drinking gatorade, blowing my nose til its raw, taking lots of meds, and popping ludens like it's going out of style have kept me pretty busy. Hopefully, I'll be better in a few days cause we have a friend over! Chris's friend Mark is here for a week and we want to show him a good time! .. but being sick wasn't in our plans. So while they are out tearing it up, I'll just post some pictures.

Back in April of 2010 my friend Erin asked me to come to Virginia Beach with her to shoot her Uncle's wedding. Even though I had never shot a wedding before, you know I jumped right on that! Unfortunately, the weather was kinda crummy so our beach shoot didn't last as long or work out the way we wanted it to. BUT her family is awesome! and it was a great wedding! (am I horrible that I cant remember their names?!?!?)


Before any guests arrived

Bride and Flower girl

The Bride waiting anxiously to start!

The outside Wedding Ceremony

Bride, Groom and daughter on beach

The beautiful Bride and Groom!

Bride dancing with her Dad

Bride and Groom first dance!

Cutting the cake!!

Dance Dance!!

Get your groove on!!

Then in May of 2010 my Aunt Cathy asked me to shoot my cousin Alysa's prom pictures! Again, of course I said yes! It turned out to be a beautiful day, and because prom isn't until later in the evening, the lighting was awesome. All the girls looked beautiful, especially Alysa!


Alysa and her date!

Putting on her corsage (with a broken wrist!)

Alysa trying to pin on the boutineer.

So cute!

Aria and her date.

Alysa and her friends.

Show me those heels!

All the gals.

All together now!

Shooting both of those events were pretty stressful. If you mess up their pictures, miss the shot, or they aren't happy with your work, you pretty much single handedly ruined their "day" and your reputation. I'm no pro, but I would like to get better at shooting events. Hopefully new lenses and better flashes will be in my future!!

--Stephanie

No comments: