Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just live...

The saying is you only live once, right? So then why are the majority of people living a life they don't love? Most people get up dreading work, sitting in traffic, worry about financial issues, fight with their loved ones because they are so stressed and complain about needing a vacation.

I want to challenge all that. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that worry about finances because of my damn student loans, but I want to be able to look back on life and say I lived the life I chose and loved every second of it.

Today I had an AHA! moment. It was about integrating my love for art and decorating with my love for travel. I dont want to give away too many details because it was just an idea and it needs to marinate, but know that big things are coming in 2012. I am currently working as the lead photographer for a portrait company and I love it, but its not what I love doing..... make sense?

My horoscope for the year also had this in it:
"If you can dream it, you can become it! Let your dreams and your imagination be your guide. No longer can you get away with putting off doing what you love without a huge sack of guilt hanging over your head. You may be more drawn to music, film, fashion and photography than ever before."

Drake said it best y.o.l.o -- you only live once. So from here on out I will be living each day with a few goals: Love it, take it all in, find the positive, and smile. I dont want one day to pass where I go to bed angry or have any grudges. Time spent in a bad mood is time wasted in my opinion. Corny? Maybe. But hey, we all have to start somewhere.

No comments: