Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Abandoned

Growing up in North Jersey twenty minutes outside of New York is way different than growing up in South Jersey. It really is two different worlds. Where I grew up we didnt have any abandoned farm houses, or any abandoned anything for that matter. Not all the green pastures, farms and yada yada yada.We are all gung-ho Giants / Jets and the Yankees.  So coming to school in South Jersey was a very big change for me. All the open fields, long roads, and Phillies / Eagles stuff was a culture shock. On my drives from north to south I always saw this one creepy looking house on route 322. Im not sure what town it was in, but I always passed it. It was always hard to see bcause of all the overgrown bushes but you could tell it was abandoned. I decided to explore with my camera and a friend (lets face it abandoned houses are creepy). Upon my arrival I discovered it was way more than just a house that was abandoned.







There was three abandoned cars, a house, a mechanics garage, a collapse shed and just a lot of overgrowth. There was also a barn behind all the trees, but it was too creepy and we couldnt get through the trees. I went back again a second time to see if I could get more pictures, but the cars were gone and the door to the house was open. So I guess its not gonna be abandoned for much longer. Im glad I got there when I did. I found more abandoned houses that I am scoping out. More creepiness to come!









No comments: